Porcelain tile is fired at higher temperatures than standard earthware ceramic tile, making it denser, less porous, and wears better over time.
Porcelain tile is 30% stronger than granite and is resistant ant to staining. Once soiled, porcelain is easy to clean and bring back to its original luster.
We offer these types of porcelain tile:
- Glazed: A glaze is applied that completely covers the tile
- Color-Core: Glaze is applied to the tile but the body is still an integral part of the color and shows through
- Tru Color: The color is fired deep into the body and is the same color all the way through the tile
Porcelain tile is good for the environment too:
- Made from natural clays
- Cleaning only requires water – not chemicals needed
- Meets strict indoor air quality standards
- Made from inert materials that will not emit contaminants
- Does not readily support the growth of mold, fungus or bacteria