Basic Cleaning & Maintenance Tips of your New LVT / LVP Flooring
Most of this is general common sense, but we hope that this basic article will help you keeping your flooring investment in good standing shape for years to come.
Finer particles of dirt and specs of tracked in rocks and other abrasive substances can erode away the luster you have with your flooring. Although, the technology has come a great way in durability, proper care should still be exercised in order to keep things looking amazing for years to come.
Your luxury vinyl plank or sheet vinyl flooring will hold its beauty through the test of time from its highly durable and waterproof features . There isn’t much maintenance needed for this type of flooring but here are a few tips to help you in keeping your smart investment lasting the longest it can and looking beatiful!
Cleaning Vinyl floors one should use a soft bristle broom to remove loose dirt first. Removing dust and loose particles will aid with deeper cleaning of a neglected clean up job. A Damp mop as needed with clean water use a nonabrasive floor cleaner.
Harsh cleaning chemicals should not be used on luxury vinyl flooring and we recommend checking a sample area that is out of site or keeping a remnant of your installation to test your favorite cleaner. Some cleaners can have a negative reaction with the finish of LVT flooring products and hurt your hard earned investment .
Although there are some UV resistant properties in this resilient flooring option, we still recommend that the flooring is covered by drapes or when you choose a window for your home, make sure there is a UV coating or Low-E resistance factor in it. This simple option will also keep your furniture and other items in your household from being effected by the sun’s natural rays beaming in.
Best Practices for Preventative Care and Reducing Floor Damage
- Spills should be cleaned up immediately. The longer they sit, the longer you may have to scrub. Though most flooring we offer is durable and has a waterproof feature to it. 2 minute spilled coffee will take less time then 2 week spilled coffee.
- Double check the chemicals you use on flooring and make sure that you test with your favorite cleaner. Some floor cleaning chemicals can wear down your investment and eat away at your investment and luster.
- When you move furniture, try not to drag or push or pull items into different places. LVT is very durable but should still have an element of common sense when keeping it new looking. Heavy furniture should always have some sort of felt padding so that indentations do not occur.
- Try not to use a beater bar with your vacuuming.
- 1 part Bleach to 10 parts water is a good regimen that can be tested and used for simple spot stain treatment.
- For Additional added protection Invest in high-quality area rugs for beauty and even more protection. Place the mats at exits and entry ways to collect bind corrosive substances that can come into your home from the outside and cause mayhem!